Common Autodesk License Error
Recently there were so many customers encountered the license activation issue, even they have got the right serial number but the software keeps asking again and again.
So, one of the main solution that works most of the time is resetting the local license information following the methods below:
- Rename/remove the following folders and re-start the product:
- Close any running Autodesk programs (make sure Autodesk Desktop App and A360 are also shut down completely from the taskbar).
- Remove all files under C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ADUT
- Remove all files under C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ADUT
- Go to C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet and delete all files that start with adskflex
- Go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Web Services and delete the file xml
- Close any running Autodesk programs.
- Turn off Time Machine if it is running.
- Remove all files under /User/<username>/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/ADUT
- Go to ~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Web Services and delete the file xml
- Navigate to /Library/Preferences/ and locate the FLEXnet Publisher
- From within the FLEXnet Publisher folder, delete all files that start with adsk.
Note: Other products might use this licensing technology. Adobe may have some files in this location as well. Do not remove any non-Autodesk files.
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm and delete the file of the correspondent product: <<product version _USRegInfo.html>>
- Check the LAN settings and Internet options to make sure they match the settings in the link
- If you reset your local license information and still get the error message, this is an indication that the PIT file has been corrupted. You will need to perform a clean uninstall\reinstall of all Autodesk Products. This will allow you to create a new pit file:
- Please install the license hotfix and product update release from Autodesk Desktop App when needed.
- Once the license is reset, run the software and login using the right Autodesk Account details. You don’t have enter the serial number as it will automatically be detected.
Hope this helps! Thank you.