AutoCAD: The License manager is not functioning or is improperly installed
You see the following error message when you start any product in the Windows AutoCAD 2017/2018 family (AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, AutoCAD MEP, and so on):
The License manager is not functioning or is improperly installed. AutoCAD will shut down now.
Solutions for the most common causes are listed below.
Solution 1: Check whether the FlexNet Licensing Service is running
- Click Start (or right-click Start on Windows 10) and choose Run.
- In the Run box, type services.msc.
- In the Name column of the Services console window, find FlexNet Licensing 64 and check whether its status is Running.
- If FlexNet Licensing 64 is running, close the Services console window and go to Solution 2.
- If FlexNet Licensing 64 is not running, go to step 4.
- In the Startup Type column, right-click Manual and select Properties. (Note: if the service cannot be started, make sure your Windows profile has enough permissions. Consult with your IT administrator.)
- In the Properties dialog, use the drop-down menu to change Startup Type to Automatic and click OK.
- To change the status of FlexNet to Running, right-click its empty Status cell and select Start from the context menu.